Mile High String Quartet is seeking a second violinist and a violist to join as permanent members.
Mile High String Quartet was formed in 2014 by classically trained and experienced music students from Metropolitan State University of Denver. Our members have performed with ensembles such as the MSU Denver Symphony Orchestra, Various MSU and independent chamber ensembles, the Front Range Youth Symphony, the Centennial Philharmonic, the Jefferson Symphony Orchestra and Symphony in the Vail Valley.
We provide a wide variety of repertoire including classics like Pachelbel’s Canon and Bach’s Air on the G String. We also play more serious works by Beethoven, Mozart, Shostakovitch and Massenet, to name a few. We customize each events’ set lists to meet the wants and needs of the client, and are able to arrange and prepare specially requested music.
What we are looking for in our musicians:
- Proficient on your instrument (either viola or violin);
- Ability to play a wide variety of repertoire (please see repertoire list for details http://www.milehighquartet.com/repertoire);
- A desire to grow and learn new music and skills;
- Willingness to practice music on your own time as well as with the group;
- An easy going attitude and enjoyment of playing music with others;
- Willingness to grow and increase business;
- Willingness to travel within Colorado for events outside of the Denver Metro area.
- One three-hour practice, weekly (typically Saturday afternoons but is subject to change given immediate circumstances);
- Flexible schedule to accommodate events;
- The busy season consists of mainly weddings from April to September – two to three a month.
- The off season usually consists of one evening gig a month – usually an event or gala.
- The Mile High String Quartet has a trade agreement to play three events throughout the year in exchange for a membership with the Colorado Women’s Chamber of Commerce.
- The Mile High String Quartet performs one to four pro-bono events for local hospice and retirement homes throughout the year.
- The Mile High String Quartet charges $525 per hour for a full quartet. Each member takes home $100 per hour.
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Tell us about any past playing experience as well as general work history. If you are selected for an interview you will be required to play a two to three minute excerpt, of your choosing, and will be asked to do some site reading. You may be subject to a background check.