CTL|Thompson Inc. seeks a Project Geotechnical Engineer or Geologist for its Breckenridge, CO office. The successful applicant will work on residential, commercial and municipal projects in the Rocky Mountain region. Time in the field and office will be required for this position. Management of projects and one or two engineering technicians will be required.
Work will be primarily geared toward projects; however, some client service and business development will also be required.
Duties will include:
Any of the following skills are useful for this position:
- Engineering analysis for foundations and pavement thickness
- Writing and reviewing proposals, reports, and letters
- Designing Onsite Wastewater Treatment Systems, primarily for residences
- Logging borings for geotechnical studies
- Logging test pits for geotechnical and OWTS design
- Attending project meetings
- Managing projects including field work for technicians
- Communicating with our team and clients
The offered position will likely be Project level. A minimum of 7 years’ experience is required. Pay will be based on past experience and assigned duties. The ideal applicant will have a valid, Colorado professional license or the ability to obtain one within 12 months, a B.S. in engineering, geology or engineering geology (MS preferred), and about seven to ten+ years of experience with geotechnical studies, OWTS design, wetlands delineation and geohazard analysis. In addition to strong engineering skills, this individual must possess an understanding of construction methods. The drive and ability to provide client-focused service is required. Geotechnical design experience with expansive soils, foundations, slope stability and/or earth retention structures is desirable, especially local experience. Good writing and communication skills are essential. Must be able to occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
Project Geotechnical Engineers/Geologists are paid an annual salary between $60,000.00 and $75,000.00 plus discretionary bonuses. Our offer will be based upon individuals experience and qualifications. Our full-time employees also enjoy a generous benefits package which includes medical, life and long term disability insurances. Voluntary benefits options include dental, vision, supplemental life, short term disability, a flexible spending account and others. Retirement benefits include a 401K and profit sharing plan.
As leaders in the industry, CTL|Thompson employs only those with technical excellence and professionalism. Individuals exhibiting these qualities are attracted to CTL|Thompson by the potential for professional growth and advancement within our organization, and the opportunity to work alongside industry leaders.
CTL|Thompson, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer/veterans/disabled.
Any offer of employment will be contingent upon:
1. Verification of your right to work in the United States, as demonstrated by your completion of the I-9 form upon hire and your submission of acceptable documentation (as noted on the I-9 form) verifying your identity and work authorization within three days of starting employment.
2. Satisfactory completion of a drug test from a laboratory certified by Colorado and chosen (and paid for) by CTL|Thompson. The laboratory will collect and test the drug test samples, for which the required notice will be included with any employment offer and for which the required consent forms will be provided by the laboratory.
3. A valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record in accordance with the company automobile insurance policy guidelines.
Please note that CTL Thompson, Inc. will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee in the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement. In the event that a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, CTL Thompson, Inc. explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any such unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of CTL Thompson, Inc.
- Wetlands delineation
- Preparation of geohazard studies
- Preparation of Phase I Environmental Assessment
- Knowledge of local geology