CTL|Thompson Inc. seeks a Project Structural Engineer for its Breckenridge, CO office. The successful applicant will work mostly on residential projects along with some commercial and municipal projects in Summit, Grand and other mountainous counties. Time in the field and office will be required for this position. Management of projects and working with other CTL engineers will be required.
Duties will include:
A minimum of 7 years’ experience is preferred. Pay will be based on past experience and assigned duties. The ideal applicant will have a valid, Colorado professional license or the ability to obtain one within 12 months, a B.S. in civil engineering. In addition to strong engineering skills, this individual must possess an understanding of construction methods. The drive and ability to provide client-focused service is required. Good writing and communication skills are essential.
Project Structural Engineers are paid an annual salary between $60,000.00 and $75,000.00 plus discretionary bonuses. Our offer will be based upon individuals experience and qualifications. Our full-time employees also enjoy a generous benefits package which includes medical, life and long term disability insurances. Voluntary benefits options include dental, vision, supplemental life, short term disability, a flexible spending account and others. Retirement benefits include a 401K and profit sharing plan.
As leaders in the industry, CTL|Thompson employs only those with technical excellence and professionalism. Individuals exhibiting these qualities are attracted to CTL|Thompson by the potential for professional growth and advancement within our organization, and the opportunity to work alongside industry leaders.
CTL|Thompson, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer/veterans/disabled.
Any offer of employment will be contingent upon:
1. Verification of your right to work in the United States, as demonstrated by your completion of the I-9 form upon hire and your submission of acceptable documentation (as noted on the I-9 form) verifying your identity and work authorization within three days of starting employment.
2. Satisfactory completion of a drug test from a laboratory certified by Colorado and chosen (and paid for) by CTL|Thompson. The laboratory will collect and test the drug test samples, for which the required notice will be included with any employment offer and for which the required consent forms will be provided by the laboratory.
3. A valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record in accordance with the company automobile insurance policy guidelines.
Please note that CTL Thompson, Inc. will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee in the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement. In the event that a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, CTL Thompson, Inc. explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any such unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of CTL Thompson, Inc.
- Drawing foundation and structural plans for a variety of structures
- Preparing calculations for foundation and structural plans
- Visiting project sites to perform construction observations
- Working with other engineers on projects
- Preparing reports for field observations / changes
- Use of word processing programs, spreadsheets, AutoCAD, and structural design software