The Cubed Marketing & Business Development Manager is responsible for managing the production of marketing materials, particularly RFP responses, website content, presentations and brochures, as well as any processes and systems (e.g. standard text) that are associated with these areas. This position will help drive the priority leads through the development of materials that support client conversations. In addition, the Cubed Marketing & Business Development Manager will support initiatives to engage clients, potential clients, partners and others in the firm with innovation initiatives. This position will support the marketing of BCLP Cubed and other innovation initiatives and new services developed by the firm in order to drive revenue and enhance the firm’s overall reputation for innovation. It will also support the development of a clear opportunity pipeline and business development plan for the firm’s innovation initiatives, working with the Innovation Change Communication Manager as appropriate. BCLP Cubed is an award-winning legal innovation that provides a one-stop-shop for our clients’ high-volume legal needs, seamlessly bringing together all the capabilities they require to meet their high-volume legal challenges. It integrates volume legal delivery with the reassurance of high-quality, complex legal advice and legal operations support in one seamless service. This is an opportunity for an ambitious legal marketing professional to help build an innovative new legal service at a time when clients are looking for law firms to work in new ways, and to join a growing area of a global firm.
- Manage the process for responding to pitches that BCLP Cubed or innovation specific (e.g. for a specific innovation product), as well as contribute innovation elements to firmwide pitches; this includes obtaining the required inputs, bringing together first drafts and managing amendments
- Maintain a library of standard text to maximize the responsiveness of the team and reduce the reinventing of agreed responses to RFPs and other requests for information
- Work with the marketing team to maintain appropriate innovation content within the firm’s wider library of standard pitch content
- Maintain and develop marketing materials, both digital (e.g. website) and hard copy, to describe the firm’s innovation initiatives to clients
- Update and maintain the BCLP Cubed website and marketing materials
- Work with others, including the Innovation Change Communication Manager, to maintain target client lists and sales pipeline records, providing reporting and driving appropriate action
- Edit and distribute thought leadership materials, event invitations and other marketing materials
- Draft and distribute internal communication materials, including regular newsletters, that highlight innovation initiatives across the firm
- Contribute to client focus activities and plans, for example individual client plans and meetings
- Support innovation events, for example the GC Roundtables
- Track innovation marketing budgets and manage expenditure
- Performs other duties as assigned
Essential Job Specifications/Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- A marketing professional with a demonstrable track record within a law firm / professional services setting of successfully overseeing, drafting, project managing and delivering RFPs and pitch materials
- Experienced in managing marketing and business development initiatives to deliver positive results – for example, awareness levels achieved, leads generated, revenue generated
- Preferably worked in a highly entrepreneurial / start up environment
- Experience of legal innovation and developing new business propositions would be a significant advantage, with an interest and enthusiasm for the area a minimum requirement
- Demonstrable ability to think creatively and innovatively, and to develop new ways of doing things, as well as a demonstrable openness to new ways of working
- Strong marketing skills and a demonstrable understanding of the RFP process within a law firm / professional services setting
- Excellent written communication and project management skills
- Highly organized with impeccable attention to detail
- Demonstrable ability to understand the fundamentals of how technology, process and data analytics are combining to deliver new legal products and services
- Ability to work autonomously as well as part of a multi-disciplinary, highly collaborative team
- Ability to inspire confidence in others
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Able to multi-task and manage competing priorities/projects
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Strong influencing skills
- Delegation and supervisory skills
- An openness to using digital marketing and other approaches
- Comfortable with using marketing technology – e.g. Concep, Vuture, Dynamics CRM, WordPress, Word, PowerPoint, Excel and others
- Understanding of SaaS marketing approaches and sales pipeline principles – for example the principles of MQLs and SQLs – and preferably demonstrated success in this environment
- Ability to work varying hours as well as some evenings and weekends as needed
This position may have direct and indirect supervisory responsibilities.
NOTE: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires the travel domestically and internationally up to 12 times per year.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration, or related field
- Minimum three (3) years’ marketing experience, preferably in legal innovation
- Preferably worked in a law firm or professional services environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent in the position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills of the employee. Duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer