Broadcasting and Media Systems Engineer - Rocky Mountain Public Media
We are looking for an experienced and versatile Broadcasting & Media Systems Engineer to perform all technical support duties related to installation, configuration, troubleshooting, and repairs of broadcast technologies for TV, radio, and IT equipment across multiple platforms.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Performs installation, configuration, troubleshooting, technical support, and repair of broadcast technologies for, TV and Radio, television production and IT equipment across multiple platforms.
- Performs and manages installations and maintenance of computer hardware and software.
- Diagnoses broadcast technical drawings and implements permanent technical solutions.
- Understands and manages work related to broadcast television formats HD-SDI, IP, ASI, RF, PSIP, and streaming technologies from studio and post-production to master control and distribution.
- Maintains all transmissions as well as monitors and troubleshoots video streams for OTT platforms, web, and social media.
- Prepares and maintains various technical records and engineering logs pertaining to broadcast equipment, performance in accordance with FCC broadcast rules and regulations.
- Other tasks as assigned and/or required.
Minimum Qualifications of Position
- At least three to five years of progressive and related experience is required.
- A BS or BA degree is preferred.
- A minimum of three years of experience as a broadcast technician in television, video post-production, systems integrator, or digital media organization is required.
- Knowledge and experience in both IP transport technology principles, broadcast technologies design & support is required.
- Must be knowledgeable in all areas of technical production and repair, configuration, and operation with all studio production equipment including: Broadcast Audio, Video and Control Systems, Video Servers, Storage Area Networks, RF Systems, Editing, and Post-Production Systems.
- Detailed understanding and willingness to learn in all aspects of IT networking and systems, firewalls, fiber-optics, MPEG, SAN, and RAID based systems, TCP/IP, DNS, SNMP, and Active Directory is required.
- Must have experience with Windows, Apple, and Linux OS. Must have experience with understanding and executing with remote monitoring capabilities via computer equipment and software applications.
- Must possess strong knowledge of PSIP, various video formats, codecs and have proficiency with closed-caption encoders.
- Must have experience with studio RTS-IP Intercom systems, networked TriCasters, teleprompters, and lighting systems.
- Must be skilled in troubleshooting digital video and computer systems.
- Experience in live, remote, and studio production environments is required.
- Must be skilled in both verbal and written communications.
- Proficiency in the MS Office suite, including SharePoint, Visio, Word, and Excel, is required.
- Must be able to work both independently and as a collaborative and productive team member.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work professionally and productively with persons at all levels.
- Must possess exceptional time management, decision making and organizational skills.
- Experience with safe and proper use of hand/power tools, ladders, and other site safety equipment is required.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and an acceptable MVR; must be insurable for driving station vehicles.
- A mix of demonstrated skills, abilities and knowledge may be considered in place of educational requirements.
PROCEDURE FOR APPLICATION: Persons interested in this position must apply at https://www.rmpbs.org/about/jobs/ Please submit the following items:
- A cover letter detailing how the applicant's qualifications fit the needs of RMPM and information on how the applicant found out about the job opening.
- A resume detailing education, training, and employment experience.
- Names, addresses, and phone numbers of at least three professional references with a thorough knowledge of the applicant's professional experience and achievements.
Position will be posted until filled. No phone calls please. KRMA-TV/KTSC-TV/KRMJ-TV/KRMU-TV/KRMZ-TV and KUVO-FM/KVJZ-FM are licensed to and operated by Rocky Mountain Public Media, Inc. as non-commercial public television and radio. Rocky Mountain Public Media, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.